We are Blue Lilo (bluelilo.com) part of Bluelilo Group Ltd, company number 12052035 registered at International House, 142 Cromwell Road, London, SW7 4EF, England.
When users visit our website and app, we may collect and store personal information. This includes:
• Feedback, queries or questions you may send, including your email address and other personal details you choose to disclose (such as name and phone number) if you contact Blue Lilo through email (via firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Technical and usage data. This may include internet protocol (IP) address, geographical location, operating system, browser version and type, referral source, page views, length of visit, site navigation paths, user timing, user frequency, and user pattern of use on the site. Furthermore, we may use Google Analytics software and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behaviour and visitor demographics. This information is anonymised before being used for analytics processing. We do not combine analytical information with other information in order to identify who users are.
We collect personal information through various means:
• Directly from the user, when users contact Blue Lilo via email.
• Passively through automated technologies, analytical tools, and tracking tools like cookies (see our Cookies Policy).
• From third parties, through analytic providers such as Google analytics.
Personal information we collect will not be sold or rented to third parties. Nor will we share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by the law. Such disclosure would be for compliance of a legal obligation, for example a court order.
We collect personal information to allow users to have access to our service, to enhance and personalise your user experience, and to provide users with beneficial information such as previously viewed results and shortlisted holiday deals.
We look at how users interact and use our site, this helps to:
• Gather feedback to improve your experience on our site.
• To analyse the performance of our site and understand how users use it.
• To ensure the website meets the needs of the users.
• To monitor the use of the site.
• To respond to your queries and resolve any complaints.
• For security and fraud protection, to ensure that our site is safe and secure.
We do this for Blue Lilo’s legitimate interests, where it is necessary to promote our services and operate our website and app efficiently.
Our data retention policies and procedures are designed to help ensure we comply with legal obligations in relation to retention and deletion of personal data.
We will keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected (as outlined in this Policy). Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary. If we no longer need your information, for example if the purpose for holding the information has expired, or no longer relevant, or you have withdrawn consent for us to use your personal data, we will delete such data or make it anonymous by removing all details that identify you.
As per General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you are entitled to subject data rights. Your principal rights under the data protection law are as follows; the right to be informed, the right of access, the right of rectification, the right to be forgotten, the right of portability, the right to restrict processing, the right to object to processing, and the right to withdraw consent. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
Below are specific details explaining these rights.
• You have the right to request information about how your personal data is processed.
• You have the right to access your personal data by requesting a copy of your personal information we hold on you.
• You have the right to request that anything inaccurate or incomplete with your personal data to be rectified immediately.
• You have the right to raise an objection about how your personal data is processed. This is not an absolute right, but you can object to our processing of your data where it is based on legitimate interest grounds.
• You have the right to request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it.
• You have the right to ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances.
• You have the right to withdraw consent to use your personal data (you have provided us with) at any time.
To exercise any of these requests stated above, these can be made by contacting us at email@example.com
Our services are not designed for nor intentionally targeted at children. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect and maintain personal data about anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child is attempting to submit personal data, we will remove this from our records. If you think that your child has provided us with personal data without your consent, we encourage you to contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org to remove such information from our records.
All personal information we process and store is safeguarded to the highest level possible. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data.
Our servers and data centres are within the European Economic Area (EEA). In some instances data may be transferred outside the EEA for processing. We take all steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Last updated on 5th January 2020